[Dailydrool] Saturday

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:35:14 PDT 2009

We hope everyone is having a pleasant Saturday.  It is warmish here and we have had the back door open so the girls can run in and out.  They love it when we do that but I am always afraid some other creature will come in with them.

They have discovered the dogs next door.  They seem to want to go to battle with them.  There are two fences between them and those dogs but they have managed to figure out how to get under the garden one so they can see each other throught the cracks in the wooden fence.  They are like Houdinis getting into the garden.  I wish the fence was stronger or just studier so they could not get into the garden.  The pull for Shelby is dirt to lay in.  She doesn't want to spar, just nap in freshly dug up dirt.  Maggie and Ninja must have been Gladiators in a previous life.  They never give up.  They act like they are going to kill whatever is on the other side of the fence.  We think they were going under the garden fence and now have a board in place that has kept them out all day.  We keep watching and hoping they are not smarter than the board, so to speak.

On the topic of flea and tick stuff, I asked the vet about baths after applying and was told to waid 24 hours and then enough would be absorbed.  I always wondered about that and should have asked before.  Hot smelly basset is worse than wet smelly basset, I think.  They will be getting more frequent baths this summer.

We are all taking our after dinner naps.  We means the hounds.  There are some oldish people that could go to sleep right now but that would never do.

Sending sunshiney springy drool from Southern Illinois,

Ninja, Marley, Maggie (who is still itchy and still doesn't know what it is), Maggie, and Shelby the foster(who is still really cute and very adoptable) and the Mom who could use a nap but must go sing at church wearing black that will not be black unless she can get out of the house without touching anyone