[Dailydrool] food question

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 07:53:50 PDT 2009

""So far, it has only been a couple of days, he still has red skin."

I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a while for an
allergic reaction to calm down, if no medication is involved. For years I
was allergic to chocolate, nuts, and a few other things. Since the
antiihistamine made me tired, I would not take it. But that meant I spent
days feeling uncomfortable.

I'm sure it's the same for hounds. Even on medication, Abner's really red
right now. This weekend his allergies awoke with a vengeance. Even a shot
and regular prednisone doses have not entirely calmed it down.

In a week or so you may see real improvement in your hound, as long as you
don't make a mistake and feed some of the allergen. Hope all goes well for
your baby.
Pam, with Drew, food slave and nurse to the Dashing Bassets