[Dailydrool] flea & tick meds

bassetmomof2 bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 12:03:02 PDT 2009

OK before I order more Advantix, does anyone know of anything natural we can give our bassets to help prevent fleas and ticks? I hate the topical things that create more itching for Freddie and seem to burn their skin.  We've even tried Frontline+ and that no longer works against the ticks.  I would love to give them something natural rather than this topical stuff.  BTW our vetlady says that even though the package says dogs can get wet, they mean like in the rain, not soaked with a regular bath.  When we bathe them the stuff comes off.  So I'm wasting a lot of money here as my dogs get bathed at least monthly.  When Freddie's in itch mode its more like weekly.

Any suggestions?

Helene, Freddie and Ellie