[Dailydrool] BUV recommendation

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Sun Apr 5 15:45:42 PDT 2009

I know nobody has asked for recommendations for a new BUV lately, but I'm
givng one anyway.  We got a new vehicle about a month ago after our
little 9 year old Saturn with 185,000+ miles on it died.  We got an
almost brand new Kia Optima which we but NINE miles on before I hit a
patch of ice on a nasty hill and totalled it.  (I was unhurt).
To replace the Kia we bought a year old Chevy HHR.  This think is
great!  It's a small car with good milage (about 28 - 30 mpg on the
highway well loaded with stuff) seats t very large adults comfortable in
the front and 2 adults with legs rather well in the back.  the back
seats fold flat to make a LARGE basset play area when a barrier is
used.  I have found this also makes a do-able dog show vehicle.
My first foray to a show in the HHR was to a show about 4 hours away that
I went to alone with 2 bassets.  With the seat down I fit a 36"
soft side crate crosswise just behind the front seats.  This
comfortably housed the 2 bassets I took.  That left enough space
behind it to back in 2 folded wire crates, a grooming table and arm, metal
dog show dolly (the wheels that you load your stuff on to take it in/oout
of the show), tack box, large rubbermaid bin of misscellaneous stuff, Milk
house heater to keep hte bassets toasty in the car overnight, folding
canvas sports chair, air mattress and pump, rolled up 2-3 inch thick twin
size foam pad, quilt, and a couple of pillows.  In the empty front
seat I fit my enormous suitcase, several gallons of water and misc.
munchies, etc.  IT ALL FIT.  At the show I bouth a 42" and
a 36" soft side crate and a station wawon barrier.  I was afraid
it would fit in the car.  It did with space left over for another
crte if I wanted.  Unbeleivable.

This weekend the spouse
decided to accompany me to nearby shows (2 hours) that I commute back and
forth to.  We decided to take the HHR.  We left the back seats
up and put the barrier behind them.  The two bassets were very comfy
in the area left behind the seats.  There was plenty of room for 2
tack boxes, patio umbrella, Happy Legs (you've got to be a dog show person
to understand), grooming table, ring bag, and misc junk, and we had room
to bring home 2 sacks of dog food and a third basset.  The 3 furkids
curled up cozy as could be ith room to spare and traveled very well.

This is a small vehicle, easy to park, with a retro look.
the Spouse calls it my Gangsta car.  If it had the optinal roof rack
it would even have room for a couple of ex-pens.

BTW, is any
rescue selling the BUV license plate holders or the running basset
magnet?  Does anywon have Drool Rules or BAsseTMOBILE bumper
stickers?  Need to personalize the new wheels.

crazy
basset lady

MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to