[Dailydrool] Do Dogs Outgrow Destuffing Stuffed Toys

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Tue Apr 7 06:11:45 PDT 2009

I must have very strange bassets.  I have 4 now,  9, 5 (2), and 5 months.  None of them de-stuffed toys, or ever did.   They carry them around and chase each other with them.  I have had them torn apart when the girls would play tug of war with them.

Maybe because the Alpha Dachshund, Patsy, took all the toys and "killed" them before anyone else had much of a chance.
I know the Bassets all look quite dismayed when Patsy would destroy a toy and they would gather around her in a semi circle watching the whole procedure.

Now that Patsy is kept separated from the Bassets most of the day I still have intact Santa Clauses from Christmas that the puppy basset hasn't even dismembered yet.   He just tries to shred paper and eat twigs.   I dare not leave him alone unsupervised.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/