[Dailydrool] Introducing Buttercup and Beau

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:51:47 PDT 2009

Hi, I am Susan , loving servant to Buttercup and Beau Basset.  Buttercup is 2 +, she is our drama queen, she cried and fussed nearly all the way home in my arms, she disapproved of car rides and HATED Petsmart when we went to check out the cost of obedience classes.  When we did go for obedience classes ( I wanted her to be socialized) she cried all through the obedience classes because the teacher did not let them socialize, except for the last one, she slept through the graduation ceremony, she also spat out the peanut butter doggie treat.  We wanted a puppy because we agreed we thought they we adorable when hubby and I got engaged.  After 30 yrs I suggested we get the basset puppy soon as I was getting a bit long in the tooth for puppies and Buttercup was a terror amoung puppies!  Who would think a puppy would even want to eat CD's.. It turned out our beautiful Buttercup with her movie star ears has hip dysplasia,  the breeder  retired her mom  and offered us a healthy puppy, how could we refuse.  So entered Beau,  Buttercup was very nice to him at first, putting herself protectively between Beau and GW, the master of the CLAW, which Buttercup had discovered in her youthful enthusiasm (NICE KITTY NOT)  GW actually does like dogs, he just believes puppies need to be put in their place at an early age.  Jordy and Loki figured this out a little too late.  NO NO do not sit on the nice kitty, do not chew on the nice kittty. ew , do not slobber on nice kitty!  Aside from teething on the cats and out lab mix Beau was an angel, well, a few earphones bit the dust but he made it all up at once with the digital camera, now I know I did not leave it on the floor.  I only had it for a few days, it was a used model from my son, Beau hardy touched it, just one tiny tooth through the LCD screen.  Who needs a digital camea anyway.  Now Buttercup was the biggest puppy in her letter and had the waggiest tail, while she was indeed a cutie I had my eye an a different puppy that I felt might be less dominant, I wanted a nice calm puppy.  Hubby kept saying look at HER isn't she great , lool at her  tail she wags it every time you pick her up, so the puppy with the waggies tail came home.  We had 2 dogs at home, Bruno and his lettermate Francie.  Buttercup toddled over to Francie and was met with a curled lip so Bruno became nanny to not one but both puppies, he was soooo embarassed.  Thankfully Beau is more laid back than Buttercup.  Buttercup is the couch potato while Beau is the agility dog ( on the toddler slide at the park, it has a ramp, tube and slide)  Sadly  both Francie and Bruno have crossed the rainbow bridge, Bruno just last Dec.  He was 13 and I moss him very much, his nose was always under you elbow when you were feeling blue.  Beau is doing his best, he is 60 lbs of happy, happy basset right on ya.Drool tp all Susan