[Dailydrool] fences

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Thu Apr 9 10:50:53 PDT 2009

My husband fenced our former yard and part of our new property with chain link.  We never used the bottom rails.  If they are going to dig they'll dig under the rail.  What I did get with the perimeter fence was have tension bars on the bottom.  Makes he fence much sturdier.
I have begun to put pavers along the fence line due to the Dachshunds, not the bassets.

At my old place I put a border of perennial shrubs and flowers along the fence line.  That way if they were inclined to dig they dug away from the fence.   Though I've found most of my Bassets tend to dig in the nice pretty grass, especially in the spring, to get to the grubs.  And of course they find it amusing when I trip in one of their holes.
A 4 foot fence is more then sufficient.

Cathy
Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com