[Dailydrool] Chocolate covered bassets

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:54:31 PDT 2009

We were out and about doing those weekend things today.  One fun thing was watching some agility trials near here.  My husband's boss' wife trains her border collies and we got to see one of them compete.  I couldn't imagine a basset doing that.  She told us that there is a basset person who usually comes to compete.  All I can say is my bassets would take one look at the course and sit there.  They would be conveying the message, "If you want those things run on or jumped, you do it".

When we got home we would hear the basset-moose(Maggie) bellowing very loudly.  She and Ninja were in the garden.  We have had rain for about 2 days.  The boys were home and let them out.  When they finally were extricated from said garden, we had 2 "chocolate" dipped bassets.  I have never seen so much mud.  Daniel volunteered to hose them down(which is the least he could have done since he probably put them out and forgot about them) and Nic dried them off.  We now have half gray bassets who are really lovely.  As the gray wears off it is being deposited around the house.

April showers bring May flowers, my foot.  They don't.  They just bring very chocolately looking bassets.  Marley and Shelby were nowhere near the mud, deciding to keep their pristine paws clean for another day.  I wish it would warm up so things would dry up quicker.  It is supposed to rain again tomorrow, sigh.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Easter.

Muddy drool and soft snooters from Ninja(We were trying to get a mud pack beauty treatment.), Marley(I do not like the feel of mud between my toes.), Maggie(I loves da muds.  I loves does doggies by da fence too.  When can I go back out?), and Shelby(Maggie is like a spectator sport.  I likes for her to get in trouble, not me.)  and the Mom who had to take a nap, only to discover NInja up next to me wanting to cuddle. Why are they so much more cuddly when they are mud coated?