[Dailydrool] Leather Furniture

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Apr 12 14:10:34 PDT 2009

It took me two years to convince my DH that leather furniture would be a
good thing.  I had done the research and I knew it would be good - the
secret is to buy middle-grade leather.  The really expensive, fine Italian
leather is a bit too thin to stand up to the basset nails.  The cheap stuff,
well - it is cheap and the color seems to wear off.  The mid-grade is
substantial and feels nice.  I bought Broyhill at a Banner
Mattress/Furniture store.  We have had it almost 7 years - looks as good as
the day I bought it (except for the people butt marks in the favorite
seating spots) - we wipe it off with leather wipes or a damp cloth.  I have
lots of allergies - so it has been a great help with that.  Also, no dust
mites and no vacuuming.  Just wipe it off!  I love it!  If you would like to
see pics of it, email me off list.

Sandi Wittenberg & The Red Bay Gang

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny, Norm & Opie

sandi at redbaybassets.com