[Dailydrool] Clara turns to the dark side

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Apr 15 03:33:12 PDT 2009

I don't know if any of you are familiar with a poem by AA Milne about two little bears. It was one my father was forever quoting at us as kids as it followed Good Bear and Bad Bear, who sort-of swapped personalities.
Well, I think this is happening in my house.

Rolph has been positively meek this past week. His thefts have revolved around a couple of shoes, the odd sock and a couple of sandwiches.
But it was Clara, yes, good, sweet, well-behaved Clara, who stole the fluffy Easter chicken off the cake which was at the back of a tall dresser.
Sure enough, she didn't steal the cake, or even lick the icing, but she was caught with bulging jowells.
I heard my youngest's incredulous voice saying "Clara? I hope you haven't got a chicken in your mouth!" And arrived just in time to see said chicken being guiltily dropped on the floor.

How long will it be before I hear "Clara! I hope you haven't got a cake/pie/lasagna in your mouth".

Sally, with Rolph and Clara (that chickie looked tasty), UK