[Dailydrool] Whut a Day

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 17:37:31 PDT 2009

Momma here.before I get to my rant of the day, Congrats on new puppies!!!! Drool to all in need, Elder Clara is very worried about Mango and Laverne, the earflaps are up, she is woofin at me to moove it on over so she can post, I told her to plant it on the perch, check the flashin eyeballz, Momma on the edge here. It really made me think, folks with one or two bassets, all the stories of curling up on the couch, snuggle time, snooter kisses, good hounds.?
HA!!!! Not here. Not close, no way, no how. My day consisted of this----(and it rained, in the 40's today, and Momma worked out in the rain all morning--that is a sideline--)
Wake up Elwood and Jake-5;15am--first mistake- Bob gives Jake?"the Look" we start with a deep growl, I shove dogs back into crates. Elwood eggs this on-
Breakfast for hounds-oh maybe Daisy will eat--she eggs Clara on-Clara is eyeballing bowl number 2-
Phone rings in the middle of Momma tromping thru 8 acres of damaged trailers-hubby says-what did you do to Elwood-he has not stopped for hours--I tell him to handle it--geez--how wound up could Elwood be??
Get home, Elwood still rollin-now has Jake and Daisy going, Clara decides it is time to stop the maddness, goes after Elwood-yea-right-
THEY ALL TAKE A NAP!!!!!-----until the company phone rings-big-big-bossman calling-time now to do the howl-all five of them at the bottom of the stairs. They do not make doors to hold out this racket.
Elwood is now recharged. It was a power nap he took.
Elwood gets Jake going, which gets Daisy going, and the 3 of them are rolling and playing thru the living room-no problem, until someone gets a bit ruff(now who could this be??) and I have to slow things down. Time out in the crates.
Dinner bowl time--hmmm-all goes well--hmmmm---
I watch the gaggle out in the yard, all is well---this can't last, I see the mode da Brudder is in--
In they come, Elwood grabs my?dishtowel-the war begins.
Elwood loses this round, but he goes back outside, I watch, he paws at the dirt-I yell, in he comes, he has something-grab the special treets wooo him away from what ever this is, and have my next heart attack.
Brudder Elwood had a rock in his choppers-dear DOg-please let it be the only one he had-----

Momma worn slam out.?5 hounds. Brudder?Elwood is a poster child for adopting senior hounds.

Drool to all in need.

?

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake