[Dailydrool] Mango update

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 07:24:55 PDT 2009

I sure wish I was at BoardWaddle this weekend!!! I'd planned for it all year, but with the tax man, and sick dogs, it just wasn't meant to be. Sigh.

Kirby the Saint had a 105+ fever for 2 days which finally broke last night. He's 101.8 this morning and finally eating - yippee! He's only 135lbs and needs to gain 15-20 lbs. Wish I got as excited about myself gaining weight....

Now, onto little Miss Mango. She is doing very well. Her lumps are still draining some but much less. She runs right over and sits down when it's time to hot pack her lumps and change her dressing. Her repeat fasting xray to see if her stomach still looks weird will be next Sat (in a week) and the vet changed her surgery from May 1st to a week from Monday. He's going out of town May 2nd, and as he put it "he wants to be at her beck and call" post op, not put of town. When she gets the xray, we'll figure out exactly what we are doing on the procedure day, lump removal, endoscopy, both....

And I want to thank everyone who has donated to her FirstGiving page, http://www.firstgiving.com/bassetmango . We really appreciate it! We have almost covered the costs of her care so far. The surgery will be expensive, but one step at a time and Droolers are an amazing bunch, to care about one little senior girl like that.

Kirby still is making lots of drool, extra slimy, so I am thrilled to send it out to all those who need it. To all at BoardWaddle - have lots of fun and buy lots of Basset Crap!!!!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Mango, still waiting for Bodhi
Ace, Maya, Sage, and Kirby (I'mb awl stuffed ub!)