[Dailydrool] Zack Looked So Sad This Morning ....

laumag at mts.net laumag at mts.net
Fri Apr 17 04:55:44 PDT 2009

... when Sky had breakfast and Zack could not join her. This is the part of an impending canine surgical procedure that I abhor. It is the incredibly sad look on the face of the dog that is not allowed to eat anything. Zack thinks he is being punished or something. He keeps looking at me and wondering why he is still hungry. This is why I am up at this unGodly hour. Breakfast is usually at six and then, Zack and Sky go back to bed until I get up. This morning, Zack is making those cow-like moans every now and then to remind me that I have forgotten to feed him. I am supposed to get him to the Vet Clinic at 8:15 A.M. It will be a very long couple of hours. Hopefully, this will be the last of the dentals for a while. I am still not happy that this tooth was missed four weeks ago, when he was under to extract four other teeth and be neutered. I guess the Clinic did not make enough money the first time.

What gets me in all this is the fact that I brush his teeth every night before bed. He has been with us for three years as of April 9th. I may have missed one or two weeks in that time. No one else brushes Basset teeth in this house, so, if I am away, the teeth remain unbrushed. I bought Zack and Sky new toothbrushes the other day. Once Zack's mouth heals, I will resume the brushing. It couldn't hurt.

It's so early.

I hope everyone has a good day ... Laurie, waiting to take Zack in for his dental and Sky, who is oblivious to Zack's lack of nourishment and asleep.