[Dailydrool] rescue help please

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Apr 23 08:31:24 PDT 2009

There were 10 bassets at a breeder. They got loose and killed some
chickens. Two were shot and killed. Two the breeder adopted. The other 6
were to be shot by the sherrif as a cruelty charge of killing chickens
---against the owner. We managed to get the bassets safe and they are in
St. Louis. But now we need rescue help. They are fairly socialized and
we have details on that but they are being kept outside and not getting
the extra help they need. We can obtain shots, heartworm testing and
altering for $100 and would need vet reimbursement or sponsorship to
send these dogs to another rescue. Transporting would be done by an OTRA
certified transporter.

Is there any rescue on the east coast or anywhere else for that matter,
that can help us. These aren't the only breeder dogs we have right now
but 6 is a lot for us to handle. The one will have to stay behind since
the hound is heartworm positive and cant travel so 5 needing rescue.

Please email me off list if you can help. Thanks

helena at proplanner.com

Hounds Haven Rescue IOWA

Helena Poist

Proplanner