[Dailydrool] April 25 MN event and Gretchen update

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Thu Apr 23 09:45:49 PDT 2009

Basset Buddies Rescue will be having a Spring fundraising event on Saturday,
April 25 in Blaine MN from 11am -4pm.  Details can be found on our website
www.bbrescue.org <http://www.bbrescue.org/>  .

Lots of fun and information including a canine chiropractor, holistic vet,
animal communicator, food, a leash free area and LOTS of auction items!

AND we have some very special guest stars.  Gretchen and her babies will be
there!  Gretchen is doing so much better.  From a starved hound who was
nervous and shy to a healthy, sweet, friendly, outgoing hound.  She is a joy
to see and cuddle.  Now that she is no longer nursing she is starting to put
on some weight, though her puppies are growing so fast they may pass her up.
The pups are now 8 weeks old and they told us they want to start
interviewing for forever families and find one for their mom too, so the
whole family is coming to the event.  The little girl, Phoenix has grown so
much and is doing great.  It appears that she does not have normal vision
but it is not slowing her down.  She is so smart and her foster mom has
already been teaching her verbal cues to keep her safe.  There is a rumor
that Phoenix is adoption pending (can you say foster failure?)

So if you live anywhere near Blaine, MN come join us to help the hounds and
hug puppies!  Updated pictures are here http://buckbasset.com/  there are
links to more pictures from the original website.  Yes that is me in puppy
nirvana with my lapful of puppies (kind of like grandma I visit, hug and
then leave), but if you look at the rest of the pictures you will spot the
illusive, hard working foster mom and you might also recognize the Drool's
Melissa Jokela getting her puppy fix too!

Lisa and the MN Woofers

Ella Marie, Sidney and Hank