[Dailydrool] House training question

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:26:22 PDT 2009

I have a friend that adopted a 7 month old Italian Greyhound puppy (female) about a month ago.  She wasn't house trained at all, and is much better now - except that she will NOT poop outside.  I know she isn't a basset but I thought who better to give advice on this issue than basset people :-)  Below is her email to me:

I have a question about Caymen.  I cannot, cannot get her to go #2
outside.  I have tried everything. I take her out frequently and she
smells other dog's poo and her own poo that I put outside.  She
continues to frequently go in either one of two spots...my bathroom, or
the garage entryway. Both are linoleum, so it's easy cleanup but still
aggravating.

Any suggestions would be welcome, and we could use a little drool too - my husband lost his job 3 weeks ago, and my company just let go of 2 people (there were only 6 of us), so I'm worried too.

Drool to all in need and my heart goes out to anyone that has lost a loved one to the bridge.

Kim with Gunter, Wulfgang and the cats (George, Chloe, Stevie and Onyx atb)