[Dailydrool] Dogs Fighting

marinr at netzero.net marinr at netzero.net
Sun Apr 26 05:39:13 PDT 2009

Hi Drool Family,
Please help. I don't know what to do. I am Mamma to Abby and Sadie. Abby will be three in July and Sadie is 6. I just adopted Sadie in December. The girls have been the best of friends. There were only problems with bones and food so there are no more bones and I feed them separately.
Yesterday, I let them out of their crates as usual and came upstairs and heard a major fight. I ran downstairs to find that Sadie was bleeding. Freaked me out. I put Abby in time out. As the day wore on I could tell that Abby was not feeling well. She threw up her breakfast and she picked a few more fights with Sadie.
I didn't give her dinner last night and this morning got up and fed her some chicken and rice and broth. I let both girls out after they had eaten and Abby went for Sadie again. I put a leash on Abby and again she growled and lunged for Sadie. I can keep them separted today but I don't know what to do tomorrow when I have to go to work. I can leave Abby outside and Sadie inside but Sadie needs to go potty.
How do I solve this? It is so upsetting to me. I would appreciate any advice you have.
Thank you from a very distraught Mamma.
Marin, Abby and Sadie