[Dailydrool] Beautiful Barney

Judi Dunham houndies2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:23:28 PDT 2009

Just an infrequent poster, but I had to get this done. My Barney is, we
think, 12 yrs old this month. We were told when we got him from the shelter
that he was 1 1/2 yrs old, so that made his b'day in April. Could be we're
in the wrong month, but so what! We've always said it was April and so be
it.
He's the perfect hound - really. No cruising, no garbage, totally
housetrained, no aggressions, and I adore his big wide self. He talks all
the time,and of course I know what he is saying. His biggest quirk comes in
the middle of the night. He must have a biskie some time during sleeping
hours. He comes to the side of the bed and talks. I keep a bag of Milk Bones
on the bed and hand one down to him. Half the time he'll sit and eat and ask
for another. The other times he takes it outside thru the doggie door and
spends many minutes deciding where to bury it. I have gotten up a few times
in the past to watch this ritual and it's pretty funny. The kicker is that
generally my other boy Tucker will find it first and bring it in, just to re
establish Alpha-ism. Not a problem for sweet Barney.
At 12 I know we are working down, but he seems in good general health so I
hope for lots more time. He will be at the TriState Picnic in May, hasn't
missed one yet. I've already told him the picnic is coming soon, and I know
he can't wait. His speciality is "Lowest to the Ground" contest. Has a win
and a place in that "event."
Happy Birfmonth Barn-barn, my special boy!!

Sending comforting drool to those creatures who are not feeling up to par,
and to those families who have sent a beloved hound on the final journey.

Judi
Barney (Is that really me? I am so wonderful)
Tucker (I find all your biskies - you are so silly)