[Dailydrool] Swine Flu in Dogs???

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:11:41 PDT 2009

Does anyone know if dogs (bassets especially) are susceptible to this Swine
Flu?  I know dogs can catch some types of flu, but I don't know if this is
one of them or not.  I'm mostly concerned because this flu is supposed be a
combination of swine, bird and human flu strains, so it seems to cross
species.  Also, Copper, my Sr. Basset, has a somewhat compromised immune
system and he gets sick very easily.

Plus, being in San Diego, we are pretty much at ground zero of the
outbreak.  If they are susceptible, is there any preventative measure we can
take?

Brenda- a probably over-worried momslave to Copper and Elphaba.