[Dailydrool] Watchdogs

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Aug 1 09:37:48 PDT 2009

Recently I told someone who was trying to sell us a security system that our
bassets are our security system.

I don't say that they'd attack. That's impossible! But they will greet
anyone who comes to the door with loud barking that lasts until they're sure
they're really here to stay. Abner even barks when they leave, as if they
have to remain for life.

Anyone planning to rob the place would probably be intimidated by a wave of
hounds greeting him at the door. I know this because plenty of people on the
street step back when all three head for them. My guys look a lot more
fearsome than they really are.

I carefully don't tell strangers that all they'd be is loved to death. After
all, anyone who is thinking of robbing what little we have here shouldn't
know that my biggest treasure is the three hounds before them. I don't want
that treasure going anywhere.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets