[Dailydrool] debarking

Aryeh Meir ameir at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 17 07:56:10 PDT 2009

has anyone heard a dog that's been
debarked?    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debarking

on the weekend i met another basset(!!!!) that i'm positive that had
been debarked.  i didn't have the guts to ask why is your basset
barking so oddly cuz if i had i would have had a few choice words to say.

Anyway when the puppy(only 6 months old)  barked (which a fair amount
as he was at the dog park and excited) you could hardly hear anything.

it sounded very much like a person with a really hoarse throat who
can only whisper loudly.

it gave me the willies, let me tell you!

the 'lady' did say that she lived in a studio(bachelor) apartment...
so it got me wondering.