[Dailydrool] Sunday Ear Cleaning routine

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 14:07:26 PDT 2009

Every Sunday I clean Speedy's ears with Blue Powder Ear Treatment. Its be a big ordeal; Speedy does not like to be wet including his in his ears. So today I go and get the required tools: 5 cotton balls, the BPET, the squirter and the 56 OZ container of treats. I lay everything out and get the treats out to start luring him to the proper spot. Speedy knows the routine, he starts barking up a storm and running in circles, he comes up for treats, almost rips my hand off to grab a treat before he runs away so that I can't catch him.  I stand there laughing at him. He barks some more to let me know his displeasure of the torture I'm about to put him through.

10 minutes later, I finally get him in the down position. I feed him a treat and he squats ready to pounce if I dare grab the squirter so I feed him another treat, he begins to relax, then goes the thrid treat he rolls over for a belly rub, another treat is feed. Finally I reach over for th squirter, I do a quick 15 second massage before he shakes his head and BPET goes flying. More treats feed then the other ear.  Something tells me I'm going to need a bigger size treat container next Sunday

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)