[Dailydrool] lots of drool....and this 'n that

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:14:26 PDT 2009

coming for Abner! I know how you feel Pam- I too love my 'pain' ( read b***h and fussbucket etc.). I often joke that I love her more than any fourlegger I have ever been owned by- but I have done my time... We hope that you get the best possible news and that he'll be feeling better fast!

I am so far behind and the post-it notes are blanketing my desk. Brenda- I was so sorry to read that your sweet Tinkerbelle went to the bridge... we did light the candle for her! Brenda is the one who hunted up some of the basset foot-stools a couple of years ago that are now in houses throughout the east coast :)

Doug- LOADS of drool coming for Charlie- we hope that the new food and meds will help with his kidneys. Charlie has been such a trooper with all his back troubles. Special kisses coming his way!

Heart healing drool to Mango family- she had a wonderful ending to her story thanks to you!

I am sorry if I am forgetting someone.

Chillie Pepper went back home on wednesday and was very happy to see her Mike. It'll take some time for her to get used to all the new things- walker, wheelchair etc and that she needs to "move outta the way" more often :) He is doing very well and should get his staples out this week. My mom made him a scrapbook out of all the wonderful get well cards he received. Some were quite funny and he enjoys looking through them all.

I have found a new way to get Ms.Brandy ( see the reference in paranthesis above :) to take her "must have" pills. As she will no longer even sniff plain liver sausage or cream cheese- and the 'stuff them in a hot dog piece' was not working well; I was searching through the kitchen trying to find something else to hide her antibiotics in. I hate to hide them in too much stuff as I worry that by the time all the surrounding food dissolves- will the pill still make it where it ought to be. Anyway my eyes happened onto a Reese's peanutbutter cup. She LOVES chocolate (yes I know it's bad for them...but she's made it to 14 with many a Hershey's kiss along the way) BUT a third of a pb-cup gets the pill down. And really not a big amount of chocolate in my book. EVERY single pill (2 a day) have gone down the hatch without problem for over a week now. I am sold! The other pills she gets I just put in her food- most of the time she eats them all- but I am more concerned with the antibiotics getting in there reliably.

droolies, Angelika & Ms.Brandy and Elvis too!