[Dailydrool] help - itchy hounds

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Aug 5 08:12:37 PDT 2009

Perhaps their coat is too dry?

At your local pet store, there should be some omega fatty acids available.. some advertise the coat, some itchiness, some are capsule or power based, others are a liquid that you can drop onto food with an eyedropper...

it may help..

My parents (back in the late 60's) used the stuff when they were into breeding for show and trial ... when I introduced Riley (adopted from Brood) my father went to the pet store, bought some toys and also a bottle of the liquid form.

Here's a similar bottle
http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=3545

I couldn't find anything on line at petsmart, but I also know that if I go into my local petshop ... you know the independent type ... I'd find one similar to that or another brand..

Here's one brand's product specific page
http://www.nutraceutical.com/search/view_product.cfm?product_index=1229869

its not a magic elixir, so it won't make changes immediately, but if effective you should see improvements within a few days.

-Robert

  _____