[Dailydrool] Has Anybody Tried the "Pet Corrector"?

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 11:43:18 PDT 2009

Here in the Northwest a few of the people working for the Rescue here
(Basset Rescue of Puget Sound) all have taken some classes from Claudia Celano.
(she calls the Basset Hounds "SASSY" and we love her!) In the Clicker
Training  Class she told us about a really valueable training tool called "The
Pet  Corrector" Our Bassets got their Canine Good Citizenship Certificates and
 then...we took a Clicker Training Class too and Claudia showed us how to
use  "The Pet Corrector"
 Ssssss
It is a small  spraycan of  Sssss Noise. We were buying it at  full price
of $12 and it is a very good tool.The thing is it is too strong a  tool or
correction to use on ALL dogs. The noise is sharp and sounds much like a
hissy snake from the little push button spray top.

It needs to be used with caution. For instance: Right now I am plotting how
 to use it for our BARK YOUR EARS OFF WITH DEFINING SCREAMS as his greeting
hello  guy named Hudson. I CAN NOT use "The PetCorrector" around SOME of
our dogs here  in the Rescue. I think it would be cruel. Sooooo I am going to
be "Setting the  hound up" I am going to use it on and making sure that the
OTHER more sensitive  Bassets are OUT OF THE ROOM with my husband to
sidetrack them from being  scared.

"The Pet Corrector" It is Wayyyy strong of a correction but it is
immeadiate and nobody gets WET! lol
(spray bottles) It can scare the dickens out of a hound too so you need to
use it with caution.

The company that produces this product is running a 1/2 price special right
 now..that is until 400 are sold out and if anyone wants to contact me I
would  give you their web site address. You can just Google the name too and
it will  come up.

You know for 35 or so years (yah pretty Old) ha! I have taken different
training classes and finally FINALLY  found a fantastic trainer who
appreciates and understands Basset Hounds like no other ever. We took a Clicker
Training Class and lucky for me (for the HOUNDS!) we found this fantastic  dog
trainer not only a very ABLE trainer but one with a sense of humor and very
savvy. This product that she showed us called the "PetCorrector" is so
simple  and it really works with training bombastic sassy kinda Basset Hounds.

So...I am just passing along this info in case you might want to give it a
try. It WORKS! It works great along with positive reinforcement. It  would
be wrong to use on a sensitve  or fearful hound but if you need a  good
strong correction this WORKS!

Love and Woofin frum Alexa owned and Loved by Hudson and Henry
Worker for the Basset Rescue of Puget Sound
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)