[Dailydrool] The seniors first week in San Antonio

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Sat Aug 8 13:58:44 PDT 2009

It's hard to believe that the girls have been here a week already.  The time has just flown by, one day just blends right into the next.  I don't remember being this tired when I worked 6 days a week....LOL    But it's a good tired.  All the girls want is some good food, a soft place to lay their head, and some love.

Sophie is now the one that sounds the alarm first when my neighbors dare to walk out into their yard.  Since she's in the kitchen she has the prime viewing area.  But she will stop as soon as I tell her it's okay.  Maybe she can teach that to Holly while she is here.

Nancy is still staying in her crate during the day, but I think she is sleeping on one of the throw rugs in the kitchen during the night.  Nancy's favorite thing is to lick peanut butter off my finger.  I'm still using a peanut butter trail on my floor to get her to go outside.  Normally she will not go outside unless I leave the door open and go into another part of the house, but she did go out this morning while I was in the kitchen fixing breakfast for them.

Sophie has figured out how to open the gate and wanders in to say hello to me every once in awhile.  I don't have it locked except when I go to bed at night.  Holly tried to get her to play this morning when she was in here, but I think Sophie is like Gina was, has no idea how to play :(

I haven't managed to get a picture of Nancy yet.  She is afraid of anything that I have in my hand, other than the jar of peanut butter.  Sophie spends about 90% of her time on the 4 bed pillows that I put in the kitchen for them.  I managed to get my camera and get 1 picture before she moved.  It amazed me that she could stretch her little self out enough to use 3 of the 4 pillows.  She is tiny for a Basset Hound, about half the size of Holly.  Here is the link
(Thanks Kathy) to Sophie's photo.........

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u91/cowbobdog/dailydroolpics/?action=view&current=Sophie80309.jpg

Sophie has put on a few pounds since that photo was taken.  I'm thinking that I may have to cut back on the oatmeal that I've been putting on top of her kibble.  I don't want to turn her into a chunker :)   If you have a Hound that needs to put weight on just send them to me, seems like I do a good with that...LOL

All the girls got their meds yesterday and technically should no longer be contagious.  Holly got a dose just as a preventative, although I was never really concerned about her.  She's young and in very good health.  I've been cautious and my body is water logged from so many showers, and I've been taking plenty of vitamin C this week.

Sophie is going to be just the perfect addition to someone's home.  She little and just sooooooo happy for any attention.  She wags her tail as soon as she sees me, even if I was just in the kitchen a few minutes ago.  Both girls are 100% housetrained.  Sophie will wake me at night if either she or Nancy has to go out.  She will just stand at the gate and cry until she wakes Holly who comes over and nudges me, it's like a relay....LOL

My goal this week is to try and get some photos of Nancy, without upsetting her.  Dawn would like to get Nancy & Sophie up on the Daphneyland website.  Dawn would love for someone to adopt Sophie so that she would go to her forever home right from here.  If anyone in Dawn's area is interested please email me with any questions.  Dawn is actually away until the 12th, her annual 1 week away from the ranch.....a much needed rest :)

Suz
Holly Noelle - Where's my oatmeal??
Sophie - Looking for a Momma to love me forever
Nancy - May I have some more peanut butter??
Pw Gina Marie ATB - What is going on in San Antonio??
Forever in my Heart