[Dailydrool] Fiona's Gotcha Day

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Sun Aug 9 06:32:53 PDT 2009

It was one year ago today that my sweet Fiona came to me from Oregon basset Hound Rescue. She was so afraid of everyone (including me) that it broke my heart. I don't think I'd ever seen a tail so far between a dog's legs. In spite of her fear, she came along willingly.

She spent her first couple of days between the sofa and the rocking chair: a great place to safely watch see  what was going on and learn the rhythm of her new home from her basset brother Louie.  On her third night with me she bravely jumped up on the bed for the first time and I cried tears of joy. I knew everything would be OK.

Has learned that people are kind and has gone from cowering when strangers approach to rolling on her back and expecting a belly rub.  I can't imagine my life without her now.

Thank you Oregon Basset Hound Rescue for all you do and for making it possible for Fiona to come into my life.

Adrienne, Louie and Fiona