[Dailydrool] Scamming Sadie

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Mon Aug 10 04:17:26 PDT 2009

My Sadie Jean was a scam artist, too!  When she was about 9 or 10 we took this long walk in the hills by our house with some friends.  When we got back to the beginning we ran into a park ranger who told us we just took a 6-mile hike!!  When we got home, we all passed out (of course), but when it was time to get up and fix dinner, Sadie Jean got off the couch ever so slowly and limped all the way into the kitchen.  We thought we had truly hurt her!!  She limped and walked SO slow for the rest of the night.  We kept giving her massages and putting heating pads on her and nothing seemed to help.  The next day, we were supposed to go on a similar walk with some other friends who couldn't make it on Saturday and I told my husband that I was going to leave her home 'cuz she hadn't improved at all.  HOWEVER - when I got up to grab the leashes, she jumped off the couch and RAN to me!!  I was so shocked, and I said "Oh, my doG, you were faking!!" and she just wagged her tail at me!!  She made it on the walk and never slowed down once!!  My friends were commenting on how well she was doing and all I could say was "You should have seen her a half-hour ago!!"  :)

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and Madden~
Dogster Pages:
Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t                                                                Casper:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2775&j=t                                                                                                                                                                Sadie Jean:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php? i=3464&j=t<http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?%20i=3464&j=t>                                                                                                                                                         Madden: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/562679