[Dailydrool] The great potato caper

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Mon Aug 10 08:19:00 PDT 2009

Long ago, when Lucy (atb) was a young pup of 10 months she demonstrated her
displeasure with me by opening a bottom cupboard and pulling out a bag of
potatoes.  She them proceeded to sample each potato by spearing them with her
canines.  Every single potato in the bag had a hole in it.

Fast forward 14 years....Saturday night we attended a wedding.  I had bought
groceries early in the afternoon and left a bag of potatoes on the counter.  When
we got home later that night, the potatoes were strewn about the family room
with, you guessed it, a little nibble out of each one.  Eli is the ONLY counter
cruiser in the house and I swear I put the bag farther back on the counter.  I
washed them, cut off the nibbled bits and we ate them for dinner on Sunday.
Sunday night, Eli was messing around with something.  It was a rogue potato.
Thank goodness he pulled it out from under something.  Nothing smells worse than
rotten potato.

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Abby and Eli (Lucy and Eyson ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and
I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so
much in loving a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it
be if they were to live double that time?”   Sir Walter Scott