[Dailydrool] Basset noses

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 14:45:58 PDT 2009

Some nights, I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, and Fred and Annie start going nuts, bugging me to take them out (not at the usual times that we go out, it's like out of nowhere!)? As soon as we get out of the house, they drag me down the path, the equivalent of 4 or 5 houses away (we live in a townhouse community, and the layout is weird, but that's the best I can describe it.)? When we get there, lo and behold, there is a pile of stale bread that my neighbor put out for the birds.? They start gobbling it down like they haven't eaten in weeks.

I cannot believe that they can SMELL old bread left outside 4-5 houses away, when we're inside with the windows closed, but that's the only explanation I've come up with!!

Rose, Annie and Fred (yep, we smell it, and we want to EAT it!!!)