[Dailydrool] How good are basset noses? Example?

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Fri Aug 14 04:51:37 PDT 2009

Aryeh wanted an example of how good a basset's nose was, well we used to play Hide and Seek with our first basset hound, Tatum.  We would put her in the bedroom and hide treats all over the living room and then tell her to go find them.  She would look for the easy ones first, but then you would see her move her head left and right until she zoned in on a biscuit.  Once my husband hid a Milkbone inside a dirty sock and she found it!!  I said YUCK, but he said GOOD GIRL!! :)  We find that it is too hard to play with multiple dogs, so we don't play any more, but I have a feeling that the skinny little Madden would be the best hunter as she has a nose on her like no ones business!!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and Madden~
Dogster Pages:
Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t                                                                Casper:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2775&j=t                                                                                                                                                                Sadie Jean:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php? i=3464&j=t<http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?%20i=3464&j=t>                                                                                                                                                           Madden: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/562679