[Dailydrool] Sally ATB

Jean Leritz maxsally2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 22:31:17 PDT 2009

With very heavy hearts, we bid goodbye to our beloved Sally on Friday (14th).  She had spent the previous 4 days in the vetspital being rehydrated and came home late Thursday.  On Friday she could no longer make her legs work and her eyes told us it was time. Our wonderful vet (who has 5 bassets of her own) came over and sent our girl to the bridge.  Sally was almost 16 (Dec 1) and is the Nov 16 calendar girl.  She will be in the 2010 Calendar on Jan 19.  The house is so quiet and we look for her in her favorite places. We got her by default 16 years ago-daughter's boyfriend graduated from college and could not take her with him.  Daughter could not keep her in her place so we took her.  Neither of us had ever been around bassets and little did we know what an experience we were about to have. What fun we had! She had a last trip to the WI farm in mid July and enjoyed all the new smells as she always had previously but we knew the time was short. Now she
 is back with her big brother Max, the Golden Retriever, and able to run and play again. We miss her so.
Bassetless in CO,
John and Jean Leritz