[Dailydrool] Need info ASAP

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:31:08 PDT 2009

I am 178 drools behind so please, please, please, if you reply back to the
drool copy me in at twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com or at
delindalarock at yahoo.com   Of course--Murphy's Law--Our Vet is on Vacation
this week. He reopens on 8/31 at 9 am.

Anyhow, Mazzie has been acting odd and not wanting to eat her breakfast off
and on, but mostly not wanting to eat. She just turned 6 (to the best of our
ability--from humane society).  History of a few seizures, terribly shaped
body, and fusion in her back. Fusion is from her L1 to her sacrum MINIMAL.
The vet told me that her fusion will one day affect her bodily functions.
The question is--is now that time?

She will eat dinner on the nights she won't eat breakfast. She will turn
away a treat at first, but then will take it during the day--you know trying
to get something into her so bile can't build up and start the belly juices
going more.  So, Saturday morning, no breakfast, she refuses. An hour later,
vomits bile. Possibly normal. Pay neighbor to watch her all day as we have a
family outing going to Darien Lake with other family. Eats dinner for
neighbor. Neighbor watched her at our house in our yard. Nothing to get into
at all. Sunday, no breakfast again. Eats dinner. Has a treat that
day--vomits up treat. Keeps dinner down. Feeding Purina One Source Sensitive
Systems as she has intolerances to Chicken and it is easier on her
stomach--this food. Tried plenty of others and vet approves. Has worked for
her for quite sometime. Has mostly been on a different food than all others
in the house.  So, 2 days vomit.

Today, eats breakfast. Has a treat. Keeps all down. Breakfast at 6. Treat
around 11 just a small pupcorn from child. I get a frantic call around 3:40
today from my children that she is vomiting blood up. Then the piles got
lighter in color. She vomited 4 times. I drive home really fast and get
there. The first pile is so dark brown with a redish outer layer (not
bright). Second pile is lighter and on and on until it is clear. We take
pics of the vomit. I clean it up and the first pile smells a little like
poo. THe next piles look more like bile with a frothy layer, but they leave
a tacky service behind. She had vomited on wood floor and linoleum both. Why
the tacky? BM was had for sure this weekend.

The fusion is just a birth defect issue and not something we caused. Plus it
is getting worse rapidly. She was abused or believed to be abused before we
got her. We don't let her upstairs, etc. We are withdrawing food, pushing
fluids. No temp--101.4 rectally. Then, going on boiled hamburger and rice.
We know how to treat. Question is--any experience and possibly what????? I
am just so nervous that she is "at the end" already from the fusion. The
fusion got so much worse in 6 months time from an x-ray and that was awhile
back. The vet is amazed she can walk. My kids are so upset. They are 10 and
12. Please enlighten me. She is not dehydrated. Gums are not pale, eyes and
nose are fine too right now. I have the ER number ready just incase.
Thank you in advance.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,