[Dailydrool] COQ10

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 24 20:02:29 PDT 2009

Dosage really depends on the dog -- if you look it up you'll find 30 mg per
20 lbs body weight, given twice a day.  It's not something that's harmful,
and it doesn't interact with prescription meds, so what I do is play around
and see how much the dog actually needs.  My Gracie (11 yrs old) weighs
approx. 68 pounds, which would mean 90 mg twice daily.  She doesn't need
that much, I only give her one capsule, which is either 50 or 60 mg, once a
day.  Just depends on the individual, and what health problems they have
that might cause them to need more.  Gracie's only health problem is
overweight, so that one pill a day seems to be plenty for her.  If your dog
has any kind of heart problem, definitely give twice a day, you want the
Co-Q-10 circulating in their blood stream all the time.  I would try one
pill in the AM, one at night, and see if anything happens.  If not, up it to
two twice a day and watch - look for more energy, less lethargic behavior --
like Debbie's Elder Clara walking around the house and yard and bellowing at
Elwood and Jake instead of sleeping, or Ol Bob wanting to play.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____