[Dailydrool] the alpha dog

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 20:03:38 PDT 2009

Hi - I told everyone how we got Maddie, a four year old girl,  a little
while ago to be a friend and playmate for Rocky who recently lost his  sister
Lexie.  She is a very sweet and loving girl and mostly they get  along really
well.  She gets him to chase around and play which is good for  him.  But
we are starting to have a little problem.  She wants to be  the alpha dog
which is fine since that is what Rocky was used to with Lexie. He  is happy to
let someone else be the alpha but she is being especially pushy  about it.
There have been three or four times lately where she has  just gone after
him, snarling and biting at him in a very mean manner.   This was just to
keep him from getting on the bed or couch or the latest time  seemed to be
about nothing.  She was very viscous with him and he was  crying when I finally
got her away from him.  I've never had this problem  before and don't know
what to do about it.  Does anyone have any  suggestions for us?   Overall she
is a real sweetheart and we don't  want to have to turn her back in to the
rescue where we got her but we also  can't have her hurting Rocky who is
just the most laid back loving dog in the  world.

If anyone can offer any solutions, please let me  know.

Carol