[Dailydrool] Back Issues

Barbara Argo bgargo at ameritech.net
Mon Aug 31 16:48:49 PDT 2009

 I need some advice.  Amos Walter is my first Basset and I now know that I am destined to always have at least one  Basset in the Argo  herd ( currently composed of an aged Rott Mix, Buddy the Black Lab and Amos.)  I am concerned that Amos will develop back issues later in life; he is climber by nature and when caught, will jump down from the table (or kitchen counter which he has tried to navigate a time or two).  We also have a two story home, and I try to limit his trips up and down too to bed time.  If any one can offer some advise on how to best to avoid future back issues it would be much appreciated.  Drool and prayers to those threatened by the fires out West.