[Dailydrool] Tails

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Sun Dec 27 12:26:38 PST 2009

When our 3 bassets disappear into the "jungle" of high grasses, we can always tell who is who, by the tip of their tails.  Poppy, our senior tri-color, has about 5" of white on the tip of her tail.  Gallagher, a solid red, has about 2" of white at the tip of his tail.  MacKenzie, a black coat tri-color, (I refer to her as my "bernese mountain basset dog") has 2 or 3 white hairs at the tip of her tail.  I guess she wouldn't be good at hunting.  However, she is very good at catching golf balls (low flight soft ones), when my son practices pitching them in the back  yard. It's a riot to watch her stare at him and then quickly snap the golf ball into her mouth.