[Dailydrool] My sweet Dulcie

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Wed Dec 2 10:49:28 PST 2009

I'm having a very bad day.  This morning I took my Dulcie to the vet.  She has been battling mammary cancer for just over a year.  We removed the tumor twice but after the second surgery, we decided that we couldn't keep putting Dulcie through the surgery, especially since the tumor had come back within 6 weeks.  The tumor has grown so large that it has now broken through the skin.  Even though my girl is still wagging her tail, eating her food, and pulling me along on her walks, we will have to send her to the Bridge within the next few days.  No matter how many times I have to make this decision, it still STINKS!!!  I've been crying non-stop and wish I didn't have to be at work and could be home with her.  But I know you all understand.
Liz Kielley
mom to Ma Barker, Dulcie, Filbert, Daisy-Kay, Felix and foster mom to Felicity