[Dailydrool] Lub an drool

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Dec 3 20:58:10 PST 2009

Lub an drool to all in need. We have an older boy we just got two weeks ago and he looks so frail. He is suppose to be 15 and his daddy had to go to a nursing home so we took Boscoe into rescue (we also got his brother Roscoe too who had to have his canines pulled because they were rotten and spreading infection throughout his mouth there goes $328.00 to the vet man but that is another story) Boscoe pants most of the time. Boscoe also has several bumps and cysts all over him. I am worried he might have cancer do you think since he pants all the time he is in pain? Our house is cool, I keep the thermostat on 63 because we cannot afford much of a gas bill. With fifteen hounds to care for we just have to be careful not to waste money. I do not want to take Boscoe to the vet if this is somewhat normal behaviour, but I do not know if it is or not. He eats good and seems fairly happy, we want him to live a happy little dog life with us as long as he is able so am asking for advise. What do you all think? is panting a sign of pain?
Chris Bly
Western Missouri Basset Rescue  wmbri.org