[Dailydrool] Dickens is here!

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:58:51 PST 2009

First of all, drool to all houndies and families of those who are feeling poorly or gone to the Bridge...we think of you and send drool when we read, but I'm not good at keeping a list like some.

Second, the calendar is wonderful - got ours today!! I haven't gone through all of it, but Bud and Barney are 10/31 (Halloween) and since it's likely that Barney will be ATB when it comes around, I'm very glad I got his photo in this year.

Third, speaking of Barney, he is doing much better. The medication is continuing to control the reflux and no vomiting since Sunday. I hate knowing there are tumors in his chest that I can't get out, but I'm glad that he's feeling better.

And fourth and last, I picked Dickens (Marmaduke) up at the shelter today! He is a cutie, tiny and skinny as all get out, but the vet put him at 4 yrs old when he was neutered. He actually arrived at the shelter on 10/30 (my birthday) but they said they were so full, and not moving dogs, so they didn't have room up front for him until last week. I can't imagine what he looked like a month ago, considering how skinny he is now. She said he's gained 4-5 lbs since he came in. He was wearing a harness, so it's sad that he has been at the shelter this long and no one came looking for him. He's very sweet and submissive, but keeps his tail up and is curious. I think once the initial excitement is over he will be one of the crowd. Dickens is taking a break in his crate now while I convince everyone to chill for a while. He needs some groceries in him, but will start with a light dinner tonight to help him adjust. I'd like to bring him into bed with me tonight too, but it's probably better to start him in the crate, then once he settles in try him out. They did say he is one of the cleanest dogs they ever had at the shelter and she said she didn't think he ever messed in his run. Seems like he must have been a house dog at some point. I'm glad I brought him home and know he'll be warm and safe for Christmas. I'll try and get some photos but so far he runs from the camera.

Drool and snooters to all!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub (one more!) so little time

Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Peaches, Pearl, and Dickens!

Ace (another one...) & Kirby (what is that thing?)