[Dailydrool] EMERGENCY DROOL NEEDED PLEASE

jacquelynbaker at comcast.net jacquelynbaker at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 00:02:25 PST 2009

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I do read the posts when I can. Now I desperately need some drool
sent to my foster Boss. He bloated Friday evening and his stomach torqued 360 degrees...Fortunately, I
know the signs, and rushed him to the nearest emergency vet. He needed emergency surgery to save his life. Unfortunately, it was one of the most expensive Emergency Hospitals in the area. : (
Ohio Basset Rescue is going to pay $3,000, and I agreed to pay the rest, but money is very tight for me. He had surgery last night, which took an hour and forty five minutes, but he came through well. Then today his incision was leaking too much blood and there was concern that he could have internal bleeding. I was devastated, but he needed to have a second surgery to determine the source of the bleeding.

I spent an hour with him prior to surgery, and then about a half hour after. It turned out it was the vessels under the surface of the skin that were bleeding and they needed to be tied off. I was very relieved, but poor Boss was really miserable. The last 24+ hours have been extremely taxing for both of us. ((((sigh)))) Would you please send copious amounts of drool his way? He's been with me for close to two years and I love him dearly...he's a senior with significant skeletal deterioration, but he's a fighter and LOVES to go for his walks despite his tendency to tumble.

Once he comes out of the hospital, and I have the final bill, I will be taking pictures of him and posting them on Ohio Basset Rescues website in hopes that folks will contribute to help pay the high bill. He had staples from the top of his diaphragm all the way down the entire length of his belly. Those staples needed to be removed during surgery today to stop the bleeding. The surgeon stitched up half of the incision and stapled the rest, and
he's gone through so much. It broke my heart to hear him moaning and crying when I was visiting with him after
surgery. The poor guy looks sooooooo sad. The catheters they put in his veins to supply the liquids and pain medication kept blowing out and they had to keep putting a new one in. He's had his entire neck shaved, his legs, and also his belly...it's so hard to see them in pain!!

Life has been rough for poor Boss, and he's such a sweetheart. He came to me with severe vertigo, recovering from a hernia surgery and newly neutered. This all done to the poor fellow when he was picked up as an abandoned stray. He's got significant arthritis, but is such a trooper who loves to go for walks...and he loves to eat. : ) He wasn't socialized and had significant fear aggression, as it appears that he had been attacked by a
larger animal while he was out on his own. He's got a large bald spot on the tip of his forehead...right on the point.

Please keep him in your prayers and hugs your houndies and encourage them to send buckets of drool our
way. I'm worn out and poor Boss is still in critical condition. Your support is deeply appreciated.

Jacquelyn
jacquelynbaker at comcast.net