[Dailydrool] Walking multiple dogs on leashes

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 22:41:55 PST 2009

We have two bassets. I walk them on two separate leashes--one on each side. Cesar Millan would not approve of our walking conformation. We walk more or less in single file--Harley first, then me, then Bo lagging behind. But it works. Until we add the third dog--Harley's girlfriend, Miss Ruby the chihuahua who comes to visit. Then I get tangled up. I have discovered that the trick for our threesome is to have different length leashes. Harley and Bo have the same length. I put Miss Ruby on a longer leash so that no matter whether she is fore or aft, she is not in exactly the same place as the hounds. I am sure we are quite a sight. A rude neighbor who lives a few blocks away called out to me from his house about dog overpopulation.