[Dailydrool] Catching up

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:20:40 PST 2009

Some day one of my message headers won't be "Catching Up" -- I guess a girl
can dream....

We're so glad Otis is doing so much better, and I was tickled pink at his
cleverness in figuring out how to throw snow at Nelly using his e-collar.  I
flew home from a business trip tonight and picked up Dean Koontz's "a big
little life" at the airport to read on the plane.  It was the story of his
beloved Golden Retriever Trixie, a former therapy dog, who was clearly the
Mother Theresa of the dog world.  It was touching, it made me cry, and
Trixie was SO not a basset.  I don't know about all of you, but I'm not
worthy of having the Mother Theresa of the dog world.  Give me a basset, who
will poop on your rug when you've made them mad, drive you crazy with their
stubbornness, but make you love them with their sweetness, and basically
train you to give into their every whim every day.  I don't deserve a
Trixie, but I do deserve a Geoffrey, Molly, and Henry and they tickle me
with their antics every single day.  But it was a lovely book and I highly
recommend it.

Welcome to Stony, and congratulations to June and her family on their new
addition!

Chumley is adorable; thanks for sharing the picture and giving me my
vicarious buppy fix.

Drool for Miss Penny; we hope her tummy is better soon.

Hearthealing drool to Clara on the loss of her Louie.  Although it was hard
on you because of the shock, you were so blessed to not have to make the
decision to put him down, and to know that he died quietly, at home, after
doing what he loved.  May we all face such a fate.

Drool for Saralyn's Louie and for her mom.  I hope Louie does well and they
can get clean margins.

And finally drool for Pat and Ron on the loss of their Timmy.  You gave him
a wonderful life, and he's waiting at the Bridge for you.  Laura (Geoffrey,
Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))