[Dailydrool] Buford, OEBE Garbagemeister Extraordinaire Video Tribute

Heidi I Sarver hsarver at me.com
Fri Dec 11 17:42:03 PST 2009

I started a bit of a tribute to Da Man (Buford) and threw together a
video montage of photos I took of him over the years.  I'll get the
blog updated over the weekend---I'm still working through it all.  A
friend (a vet tech at the hospital whose daughter is in my band at UD)
offered to let me bury him on her mother's farm.  We did that this
morning.  Her mother (84, living alone in the farmhouse and still
working on the farm God bless her!) is from Scotland.  When I thanked
her for letting me do this she looked at me and said in the deepest,
Scottish brogue I've ever heard, "It's my pleasure.  It is what farms
are for."  I almost fell apart all over again.

So we buried my baby on the 2nd terraced area between an unused grape
vinyard and the herb garden they still work, above and overlooking the
farm's natural spring fed pond/lake.  It's simply beautiful.

Here's the link to the video--watch if you like, turn the speakers up
too.

http://gallery.me.com/hsarver#100050

--heidi, della, guinness the cat
--buford ATB