[Dailydrool] vets

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:31:46 PST 2009

We have all had good vets and not-so-good vets.  I never have had one who did not love animals.  Since vets tend to be human they do make mistakes, I do wish when that happens they would refund some of their fees.  You did not mention that to even get into vet school you must be a top student.  It is harder to get into vet school than medical school.  You have to learn a lot of different species and your patents will bite you., kick along with other undesirable bodily contacts. The vet who wrote the article as his own agenda.  And, to be honest, it is not really in tadog's best interest to breed dogs who cannot deliver naturally or in some cases even mate unassisted.  However, with adequate vet care these breeds seem to do just fine and are well loved and less likely to be the object of puppy mills. There are, of course, greedy vets who do cater to the dogfighting crowd and ignore their oath but I would say they are a minority.   As are those who gouge their clients..When one's vet gets a little too pricy you have the option to find another.  I find that hard to do.  We have had the same vet for close to 12 yrs.  I like the main vet but not all the associates.  Unfortunately I can never remember who I like and who I felt did a less than stellar job.  No one gets sick on schedule.  Sue K