[Dailydrool] Vet that quit

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Dec 15 00:42:15 PST 2009

Please don't take me wrongly.. but I'm upset that the bulk of you Droolers
openly admit to the fact that the vet that quit makes valid points about
*SOME* vets, but then simply dismiss this vet man as looking to make money
by writing the book, or slanderize him and his motives, call him names and
more.. but yet all the while stating that you know there are good and bad
vets .. etc..

I think that is the point the Vet who quit is trying to make ... and if
nothing else, I applaud the fact that he's putting information out there, to
try and help people understand this does happen ... if nothing else it helps
people realize they might not have a good vet, and that they *should* look
for a new one that is more in keeping with us hound slaves' ideals for hound
treatment.

I've been effected directly by negative vets.. two different vets, that are
"sister" operations in a vet group.. one vet charging 8 bucks for a hand
written prescription, the other vet offering to give the "new" one a day
medicine at 30 to 40 dollars, or to treat a staph infection the old way and
getting a script filled at Walmart for only four dollars.. a vet that
refused to potentially wait an additional 5 minutes just to take a cursory
look at my previous hound, to tell me if he was serious enough to take to
the emergency vet or if he could have waited till the next day... of which I
ended up going to emergency anyway and have to make the hardest decision of
my life, to end his, since he had undiagnosed cancer that my previous vet
missed in two previous exams the 6 to 8 months prior.. and compared with my
current vet who told me "sure no problem bring your hound in" when it was 15
mins before closing time, and arriving only 5 minutes before closing, when
my boy franklin had one of his toenails half ripped off from getting caught
in a floor drain cover ... and that visit only cost me 7.50 for a "toe nail
trim" since that's really all they could do, and use styptic on the one bad
nail ....

So .. the vet that quit... we've all admitted he has some valid points.. its
only just right and fair that we no dismiss his views since nearly ALL of us
Droolers have had experiences that tell us this vet is correct, and that our
best judgment of being screwed over, is in fact how we see and feel our
treatment, and that of our hounds, from the vets we currently or have
previously seen.

it may not be a pretty story, and it may have some inaccuracies, and make us
feel horrible to read it or think about it.. but its better to realize the
truths in the material, rather than offer it up for a book burning because
we don't like its view point, or find it too graphic, while yet others
realize it has merit and substance for SOME cases.

-Robert