[Dailydrool] do basset ears float?

dcullrich at sbcglobal.net dcullrich at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 16 12:52:19 PST 2009

This question reminded me of a funny moment of my girl Suzi and one of her few times swimming.  We have a cottage on a lake that we spend every weekend (and a few weeks) at for 6 months of the year.  I was up in the house while hubby was swimming the Golden Retriever (constantly in the water, while Suzi watches from the dock) and the neighbor dog came over to join in the fun.  With all of the chaos, Suzi ended up falling into the water, all was fine as she swam a short way to shore.  She was however, very upset as she does not like water for anything other than drinking.  She got to shore and did not stop until I heard her scratching on the patio door to come in.  There stood a wet Basset Princess - who was not happy!  I laughed as I know, she did not go into the water willingly.  I brought her in and toweled her off as she pouted.  In the meantime, the hubby had no idea she ran to the house and knew if he lost my baby on his watch, he would not be
 forgiven.  I heard him frantically calling for her running around outside - I stopped him and told him how she ran straight to tell mommy all about it and let him know that she is mad!!  He promptly came in and tried to suck up with love and belly rubs - we were both laughing so she remained pouting and proceeded to take a nap!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/999283