[Dailydrool] Night Potty Problems

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Wed Dec 16 16:06:18 PST 2009

Hi Amy,

I had a lab that had those same problems and they continued to get worse with age.  I or should I say "we" suffered with the leakage for years until I changed vets when she was almost 12 years old.  He gave me estrogen tablets and the problem was gone completely.  He said it is common in spayed females to have this problem and when I think about how many years she was kept off the beds because of this until she got so old and couldn't climb up anymore and then we find the cure.  It started at night when she was sleeping then it progressed to the daytime whenever she would lie down and relax.  So I would check with your vet and if they can rule out any UTI then it might possibly be the same thing.

Dawn, momslave to Lucy and Lilly