[Dailydrool] Checking on bassets in their own yard (Daily Drool)

hinchliffe at aol.com hinchliffe at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 17:06:51 PST 2009

Oh Dianne, I'm laughing so hard because I did the same thing!  A  couple of
months ago I saw a slooooow, adorable old basset boy waddling all by
himself, no-one in sight as I drove along a main street -- yes, I turned around
too, drove up the driveway, and he saw me coming and sloooooowly rolled over
on  his back to present the royal tummy to be rubbed and worshipped.  While
I  was serving His Highness' needs, I checked his tag -- yup, same address
--  and then saw the electronic fence collar, so I (reluctantly) left that
big hunk  of bassetness (who stayed lying on his back, probably fell asleep)
and  sheepishly backed down the driveway and quickly away.

We have a club for OEBEs, how about for CBLs?  (Crazy Basset  Ladies.)
Hmm, not just ladies of course, how about CBLGs?   (Gentlemen, too.)  It will
have to be a very big club, of course ... but a  high honor.

Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)