[Dailydrool] Recall Alert - Teva Animal Health - Drug: Ketamine

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Dec 22 06:07:34 PST 2009

FDA Announces expanded recall of Teva Animal Health's Ketamine.

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm195118.htm

Same company that received injunction in July for failure to adhere to
current "Good Manufacturing Practice" regulations
http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm174880.htm

Do any of us really get to know these companies, their practices, and have
any course of action to remove them from our animals treatment?  I mean
where would you start?  "oh uh vetman.. if that drug you're going to give my
boys was made by this company, then I'll need you to get a new source for
it, from some other manufacturer because this one has been found to have
crappy quality and manufacturing abilities..."

Some day, maybe the world will be this clear and transparent ... here's for
hoping to see that day come to pass, but without sacrificing personal
liberty in the process.

-Robert